Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
MyGlobalCFO is a registered Financial Services Provider FSCA Licence No. 49859.
Website and Email Privacy Statement of MyGlobalCFO (Pty) Ltd
We collect, process and store information of data subjects as a usual course of our business. We need to continue doing so whilst being compliant with POPI (the Protection of Personal Information Act). We are fully compliant with POPI and this statement serves as our disclosure to Data Subjects and other interested parties, in broad terms, of how we achieve that. Data Subjects are defined as a natural or legal person whose information is collected, processed or stored.
- As a company that provides data subjects with a service or with data interaction for a lawful reason, we need to gather certain information to be able to do so and in a certain manner.
- The information we collect will depend on the reasons for which it is collected and used. This might differ in our various interactions. We will only collect information that we need for that particular purpose as agreed upon and no more than necessary. We’ll also tell Data Subjects what information they need to provide to us and what information is optional.
- We have a fully developed POPI compliance framework in place which comprises impact assessments and a POPI Policy, among others.
- We will usually obtain information from a Data Subject directly via various different means but may from time to time also obtain publicly available information.
- Data Subject information may be processed by third parties like regulators, our software providers or other suppliers to ensure Data Subjects get great service and may be transferred cross border, for instance where we use cloud services to store data or if one of our own service providers are situated overseas.
From time to time, we may collect some of the information below of natural or legal persons, which is defined as personal information in terms of POPI. However, our specific interaction with the Data Subject will detail what information we need exactly:
- information relating to the education or the medical, financial, criminal or employment history of the person;
- any identifying number, symbol, email address, physical address, telephone number, location information, online identifier or other particular assignment to the person;
- the biometric information of the person;
- the personal opinions, views or preferences of the person;
- correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence;
- the views or opinions of another individual about the person; and
- the name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person or if the disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about the person;
- information relating to the race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, national, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, well-being, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth of the person.
- personal information concerning a child.
Data Subject Rights
- Data subjects have a right not to share the information as set out above but in that instance, we cannot offer Data Subjects our services. They may contact us to enquire what information of theirs we hold. They also have the right to correct their information or to request us to delete the information, unless the law states that we must hold the information. They have a right to revoke this consent. If a Data Subject would like to contact us in relation to Data Subject information, please see our contact details on our website.
Enquiries or Complaints
- Anyone can approach us on our contact details on our website where you found this notice to speak to our Information Officer or to submit any data queries or complaints.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Regulator at: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za or search their office on the internet at www.justice.gov.za/inforeg/ .
- By visiting our website and communicating electronically with us, the Data subject consents to the processing, including transfer of his Personal information as set out in this Notice.
Promotion of Access to Information Manual
Website Terms and Conditions
Use of this website indicates acceptance of these terms and conditions, and users agree to be bound by them.
- The content of this website is the property of MyGlobalCFO. It is protected by copyright law, and website users acknowledge that they have no rights to any of the content.
- This website and the use thereof is governed by the law in force in South Africa. Users acknowledge the jurisdiction of South African courts.
- Users acknowledge 5 Cornwall Place, Wynberg, Cape Town, Western Cape, 7800, South Africa as the venue of any legal process or notice arising based on the use of this site, including services provided as a result thereof.
- Compliance Officer: Adriaan van Wyk; Horizon Compliance (Pty) Ltd (Tel: 072 351 1653)
- MyGlobalCFO, it’s members, consultants and staff shall not be held responsible and hereby disclaim any and all liability for losses or damages that may arise at any time directly or indirectly from the use of this website or any information contained herein.
- The information provided on this website is not advice as defined in the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act 2002 (FAIS), and nor should the user construe it as such. MyGlobalCFO recommends that users consult a financial advisor should they require financial advice.
- All website content is intended to provide general information, and does not take specific client circumstances into account. MyGlobalCFO does not make any warranties, either expressed or implied, as to reliability, accuracy or completeness of the content.
- Links to this website are not permitted without prior written consent of MyGlobalCFO.
- MyGlobalCFO reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without notice.
- Should you have a complaint about the financial services rendered by MyGlobalCFO or one of its representatives, this should be lodged in writing along with supporting documentation. This can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. MyGlobalCFO will ensure that your complaint is acknowledged, and it will be addressed within six weeks. In the event that a complaint cannot be resolved, the complainant may refer the matter to the FAIS Ombud.
- FAIS Ombud details are: www.faisombud.co.za; tel: 0860 324 766; fax: 012 348 3447; PO Box 74571, Lynwood Ridge, 0040.
- MyGlobalCFO is committed to protecting the privacy of users. This website may capture generic information about website traffic, but does not capture personal information unless a user submits an enquiry form to us.
- MyGlobalCFO is an accountable institution in terms of FICA (Financial Intelligence Centre Act of 2001) and may be obliged to report suspicious or unusual transactions that may be used to facilitate money laundering.
- MyGlobalCFO does not make any representations or guarantees about the security of information sent electronically. Users acknowledge the risks of online transfer of information and acknowledge that information is sent and received at the risk of the sender. No warranties are given with regards to freedom of the website or any links from viruses or malware.